Drainage Design For Adoption
The Section 104 Process
The process for a sewer adoption through a Section 104 Agreement generally consists of:
- Developer submits a completed application form and suitable drawings to sewerage undertaker for approval before work begins on site
- Sewerage Undertaker provides technical approval and charge standard fees as set out in Sewers For Adoption 7th Edition
- The developer enters into a formal agreement, known as a Section 104 Agreement with the sewerage undertaker (usually within 13 weeks of submitting drawings) and then begins building the sewer(s)
- An inspection team (sewerage undertaker) monitors the works on site and signs off air testing, etc.
- The developer supplies drawings showing the sewers 'as-built'
- When the sewers are built and the majority of premises are occupied, the developer requests a joint inspection
- If the sewers are found to be satisfactory, then the maintenance period- (usually 3 to 12 months) commences
- A joint final inspection is arranged just before the end of the maintenance period
- After any remedial works are completed, the sewerage undertaker arranges to adopt the sewers
- Once adopted the sewers become public sewers and the sewerage undertaker is then responsible for the maintenance and repair.
Sanderson Associates provide a full Section 104 drainage design and submission service for developers and we would be delighted to provide a bespoke quotation to meet your scope and the sewerage undertakers’ standards.
Require Assistance with Drainage Design?
Sanderson Associates have enjoyed over 36 years in business, our experienced Drainage Design engineers have produced designs for a variety of developments throughout the UK, Isle of Man and Ireland.
We would be pleased to provide you with our competitive fee proposal to provide you with our Drainage Design Services, please call us on 01924 844080 or click here to complete our secure online form.